Matina derby attendees called: report yourselves ASAP
MALAYBALAY CITY (BukidnonNews.net/ 11 April 2020)—The city government of Malaybalay has called those who attended last month’s ill-fated Matina Gallera derby to report themselves.
In an advisory yesterday, it said four residents have already come forward and completed a 21-day quarantine.
Neighboring city Valencia has also recorded four derby attendees, one of which is the barangay official who tested positive for COVID-19 on April 9, becoming the first case in the province. Of the three others, one is already cleared and two are yet to be tested.
The 6-cock derby, held in Davao City's New Matina Gallera on March 7-12, emerged as a ground zero for local transmission after some attendees tested positive for coronavirus. Six of them already died.
According to a DOH-11 report, the derby had drawn 427 attendees from Davao City and other cities in the country who vied for its Php 26 million pot prize.
A poster circulating on social media showed entry fee costs Php 100,000 and minimum bet costs Php 11,000.
The Malaybalay City advisory said those who will come forward will have their identities protected under data privacy laws. Residents can also report derby attendees through this hotline number: 09658113256.