[BUKIDNON VIEWS] Saving Malaybalay
By Erlow D. Talatala
MALAYBALAY CITY (BukidnonNews.Net/26 September 2021) While Covid-19 cases reached its record high of 26,303 cases in a day (Sept. 11, 2021), there will be an unending array of variants and lockdowns
if no concrete and appropriate strategies will be crafted to mitigate its economic effect.
Honestly, without assistance or ayuda, many families won’t be able to survive and eventually makes it difficult to contain the people struggling for food. We urgently needed both rice and vaccines.
To mitigate this terrifying economic effect, MasterZone Art Gallery launched the “Creative Community and Economy Development Program” (CCEDP), a pandemic management and economic recovery plan.
The following are the re-enforcing strategy components:
1.One-Family-One-Product Development Program – Inclusive Disposable Income Product / Upcycling
2. Marketing Support Program – Brgy. Showroom / Online Stores
3. Skills and Talent Re-enforcement Program (STAR) – Workshops for Kids
4. One-Barangay-One-Product Development Program – Sustainable Disposable Income Product
5. Backyard Integrated Growing (BIG) – Food Security / Contract Growing
6. Community Business Initiative and Partnership Program – business investment opportunity for OFWs
7. Business Investment Development Program – business investment opportunity for corporate investors
What does “CCEDP” exactly seeks to provide?
1. Mitigate the effect of the present Covid 19 pandemic by presenting economic recovery strategy and provide opportunity to EARN even at Home, ensuring economic activities with minimal direct contacts;
2. Offer chances for OFWs and the Balik-Probinsya Program Beneficiaries to invest in their locality;
3. Advancing Digital Economy in favor of the Rural Folks, to protect and address the rampant selling of Ancestral Domains and occurrence of Criminality in the countryside, by impacting Inclusive Disposable Income Product and developing Business Investment opportunity.
Designed to be implemented comprehensively through-out the city, this will be piloted first in the Can-ayan-Kibalabag-Manalog area. There will be a conduct of an FPIC (free and prior informed consent) to discuss and address the priority issues on illegal logging, charcoal production, ancestral domain preservation, protection of water sources against contamination, and basically, the future of our beloved home, the City of Malaybalay.
We are in a very uncertain milieu, let us protect and save Malaybalay, the only Home for our children’s’ children!
Special thanks to City Vice Mayor, Jay Warren R. Pabillaran, who heartily supported this program to make its roll-out possible.
…“ You need power, only when you want to do something harmful, otherwise, love is enough to get everything done”… – Charlie Chaplin
(Aside from being a surrealist painter, creative industry advocate and investigative vlogger, the author is CEO and president of MasterZone. For inquiries, follow MasterZone FB Group or contact 0906-601-1796/ firstname.lastname@example.org. ERLOWISM is his column for BukidnonViews, the opinion section of BukidnonNews.Net)