Bukidnon's barangay execs to receive P29.2-M cash aid
MALAYBALAY CITY (Bukidnon News/05 Dec 2020) – Officials of the province's 464 barangays will be receiving cash aid from the local government this month.
The Public Affairs, Information and Assistance (PAIA) Division said in a statement that a total of Php 29,232,000.00 will be distributed from December 7 to 14.
All members of the Barangay Council—from barangay chairperson, kagawad, Sangguniang Kabataan chairperson, Barangay Indigenous People’s Mandatory Representative (IPMR) including the Barangay Treasurer and Barangay Secretary—will receive the financial assistance. However, it was not disclosed how they are receiving it.
The Sangguniang Panlalawigan (SP) Bukidnon passed the Resolution No. 2020-1929 granting the request of Governor Jose Ma. R. Zubiri, Jr. to extend financial assistance to barangay officials who have rendered frontline services during the coronavirus pandemic.
Here is the scheduled cash aid release for the province’s 20 towns and two cities.
- Dec. 7 - Talakag, Baungon, Malitbog, Libona, and Manolo Fortich.
- Dec. 9 - Damulog, Kibawe, Dangcagan, Don Carlos, and Kadingilan
- Dec. 10 - Kalilangan, Pangantucan, Maramag and Valencia City
- Dec. 11 - Kitaotao, Quezon and San Fernando.
- Dec. 14 - Sumilao, Impasugong, Lantapan, Cabanglasan and Malaybalay City
On Nov. 9 to 17, the provincial government has also released a total of Php 246,884,700.00 for honoraria to barangay workers and cash aid to the neediest among the low-income families in Bukidnon. (Mel B. Madera)