Bukidnon COVID-19 cases rise
MALAYBALAY CITY (02 July 2020) The Bukidnon Provincial Health Office reported a total of 16 cases of the corona virus disease (COVID-19), which are ongoing quarantine as of July 1, 2020.
Based on the 4p.m. July 1 PHO COVID-19 Case Bulletin, this brought the total number of confirmed cases in Bukidnon to 22.
According to the update, four new confirmed cases were from Pangantucan, Malaybalay City, Valencia City and San Fernando town.
The report said all cases are imported, that the patients are on strict isolation and there is an ongoing contact tracing.
With the update, there are a total of 35 persons considered suspects, which are undergoing quarantine and four identified probable cases.
Not yet accounted in the number are three more confirmed cases of locally stranded individuals (LSI) from Taguig City in Metro Manila who were on their way home to Kiburiao, Quezon, based on a statement by the Quezon municipal government as of July 2. Two more family members of the three patients are awaiting results of rapid antibody test. All five persons are undergoing quarantine at the Northern Mindanao Wellness and Reintegration Center, this city.
The province’s confirmed cases have increased compared to the figures as of last week, June 24 when three more locally stranded individuals (LSIs) and a returning Overseas Filipino Worker were added to the list. As of last week, there were only 12 confirmed cases undergoing quarantine.
The 12th case, was identified to be from Brgy. Sinayawan, Valencia City; the 10th and 11th cases from the Municipality of Maramag and the 9th case from Sumilao town.
The Valencia City Task Force (VCTF) against Covid-19 issued a press statement on June 24 confirming the 48-year-old male to be the 3rd confirmed COVID-19 case in Valencia.
Vice Mayor Policarpo P. Murillo IV, incident commander of emergency operations and command center (EOCC) and co-chairperson of VCTF against Covid-19, signed the statement.
The patient came from Saudi Arabia and arrived in Manila on May 23. He was considered COVID-19 free on June 12 after completing 14-day quarantine in Manila. On June 17 he was cleared to leave the quarantine facility in Manila.
He arrived at the Laguindingan Airport on June 19 and was brought to the city’s EOCC at Valencia City Central School (VCSS) for proper screening and testing. He tested positive in the rapid test conducted by the EOCC on the same day. He was quarantined at the city’s Isolation Facility at VCSS pursuant to existing protocols while waiting for his confirmatory test.
The Reverse Transcription Polymerase Chain Reaction (RT-PCR) confirmatory tests was released on June 24. He is the city’s third COVID 19 case and the one considered an active case. The patient will remain under strict isolation at the city’s Isolation Facility in VCSS. Contract tracing is now being conducted for those in close contact with the patient while his condition is being closely monitored.
On the other hand, Maramag Mayor Jose Joel P. Doromal, issued a Public Health Advisory on June 23 confirming that the 10th and 11th cases were both residents of the town.
He said both patients are returning residents from Manila who arrived at Laguindingan Airport and were tested positive via RT-PCR last June 21 at the Provincial COVID-19 Triage Facility in Malaybalay City.
The next day (June 22), the confirmation test results released by the Department of Health (DOH) came out positive for the asymptomatic 22-year old and 26-year old patients.
The patients are currently confined at the Bukidnon Provincial Medical Center (BPMC), the province’s Covid-19 Treatment Rehabilitation Center (TRC) in Brgy. Casisang, Malaybalay City.
The Municipality of Maramag now has a total of three confirmed COVID-19 cases. The town has recorded on June 14 the 27-year-old female asymptomatic patient from Manila. She is the 8th patient in Bukidnon who is also under confinement at TRC in Malaybalay City. The mayor said all patients did not set foot in Maramag as they were ferried and confined immediately at the TRC after their RT-PCR tests.
Meanwhile, the 9th patient is a 28-year old married woman from Brgy. Vista Villa, Sumilao. She’s also an LSI from Manila who was scheduled to travel abroad in March.
In a Public Health Advisory from LGU Sumilao signed by Mayor Jose Antonio A. Villo and Adrian Jed Garrett J. Lucero, Municipal Health Officer, they confirmed her as the first Covid-19 case in the town.
The patient arrived at the Provincial COVID-19 Triage Facility in Malaybalay City on June 17 and underwent Rapid Test with a positive result. On June 19, the DOH confirmed that the patient was positive of the virus. She has not set foot in her place just like others who are recently confirmed positive of the virus. (with a report from Mel B. Madera/BukidonNews.Net)