Suspect in slaying of 3 Valencia workers charged with multiple murder, robbery

 MALAYBALAY CITY  – The Valencia City Police Office has filed robbery with multiple murder charges against a suspect of the slaying Friday of three lady employees of Elieza Jean Enterprises in Valencia, P/Supt. Narciso Domingo told Bukidnon News Wednesday.
Domingo, Valencia City police chief, said they have filed the complaint before the city prosecutor’s office on June 19 against a suspect identified as Sonny Polistico, who is now detained at a police jail. Polistico was reported to be a live-in partner of Violita Adaya, one of the victims. Police detained him after he was investigated Saturday.
Sharon Monreal, a colleague of the victims reported to police early Saturday morning that she found the victims Nene Colao, store manager; Espera Dacu, cashier; and Adaya, cook; bathed in blood on the floor of the second of the three-floor building.  All three workers were reported to be residents of the staff house. But police reported later that Adaya, the cook, was a stay-out employee.
Elieza Jean Enterprises, with business office and stock room in the ground floor, is a wholesaler of different merchandises. The second floor served as staff house and the third, reported to be, empty.
Police said the victims were stabbed to death. Based on the police’ special written report (SWR) on the incident emailed to this reporter Wednesday, the victims sustained multiple stab wounds in different parts of the body.
The report cited that five cellular phones of the victims were missing.
Initially, police reported that no money was taken because cash amounting to P214,796.00 was found in tact inside a yellow back-pack owned by Colao.
But later in the afternoon, the management of the store declared there was robbery because they lost about P61,000 cash.
Polistico told investigators he was at home, in Nasuli, Bangcud, Malaybalay City, not in the crime scene.
DXDB radio reporter Arthur Jun Sapanghari, one of those who covered the police investigation of the crime scene, said it caused alarm both among the residents and the business community. Those he interviewed said they made extra security measures. Some parents said they also were more cautious about their children’s where about’s after school.  (Walter I. Balane/Bukidnon News)